You have got a virus on your computer. It is so smart that managed to block your antivirus. You are stuck. What do you do now? Cry? Hit your head on the nearest wall? Take your car and drive as fast as you can to the first Best Buy Geek Squad you meet along the street? Before doing one of these things you have one last chance. Try out some free online antivirus/antispyware scanner and touch wood. Here is a list that maybe you can find useful when it looks like everything is lost.
- Trend Micro’s FREE online virus scanner
* Detects and removes malware ( viruses, worms, trojans, spyware etc )
* Restores damage caused by malware to your system.
* Notifies about vulnerabilities in installed programs and connected network services.
* Multi-platform support for: Windows, Linux, Solaris,
* Works on Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox
- Kaspersky online antivirus
* Kaspersky Anti-Virus exceptional detection rates and thorough scanning
* Hourly AV database updates available each time the Online Scanner is launched
* Heuristic analysis to detect unknown viruses
* It runs on Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
NOTE: The online virus scanner won’t remove anything from your machine. You have to install the antivirus software for FREE by downloading and installing a free trial
- avast! Online Scanner
It checks your files up to 512kb in size. (it doesn’t say if it removes the treath from your PC. I think not). It works on Internet explorer 6.0 or later and Firefox
- BitDefender Online Scanner
It incorporates the BitDefender scanning engine. It scans files and PC memory and try to remove malicious software. InternetExplorer 4+ is required to run the online application.
- McAfee Free Scan
It is based on the award-winning McAfee VirusScan engine. It can detect all the latest threats and tell you what you have to do to remove them. To run it you need Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.
- Panda ActiveScan with TruPrevent
This is in my opinion one of the best available. It detects more than 185,000 viruses, worms and Trojans from all system devices, hard disks, compressed file and email. It will also try to eliminate all the above pestware. it runs on Internet Explorer 5.0 or later
In less than 2 minutes it can detect more than 2,727,543 virus, spyware, malware etc. No word if it can remove threats from a machine (I think not) but if you are looking for something extremely fast to spot pestware this is your reply.
- ESET® Online Scanner
It detects all the pestware that it may be infecting your pc. It also try to heal your computer by remove viruses, spyware etc. It is also very fast. Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 5.0 or later is required.
- F-Secure Online Scanner
Very complete scanner. It quickly download a database of virus definition in your browser and start scanning your PC right after that. It needs Internet Explorer 6.0 or later. It also support Windows Vista.
Analyse files to detect viruses, spyware, worm and trojans. You can send files through email or via their online scanner. It doesn’t destroy the virus nor heal your files. It works on Internet Explorer 6.0 or later and Firefox
Tags: antispyware, antivirus, freeware
- free online anti spyware
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.