If you own one of the Garmin GPS devices you know pretty well that all of them come with a pre-installed software called MapSource. This software is the heart of Garmin products, since it provides to its users uploads and downloads of lots of files such as: maps, POI, tracks, routes, waypoints etc. Without the program your nice gadget is completely useless. The fact is this: if you screw-up the device or something goes wrong, the only way for you to install MapSource is to use the CD. Luckily for us there is a wonderful hack that avoids a lot of pain and sleepless nights, and that let us download MapSource through the software updater without use the CD (just in case you lost it). Here is the full step-by-step procedure.
- Download the software updater from Garmin
- Open this file: MapSource_6136.exe
- Click MAIN.msi
- Click Setup.exe
- Finish. MapSource is installed!
- Some users report that after installing the MapSource they still need to download and install another product to make it fully usable. Download and install Training Center Software.
Update: If this procedure didn’t work for you, read this other post. A lot of people have managed to get its Garmin Mapsource thanks to it!
Tags: Garmin, gps, hack
- mapsource_6136 exe download
- garmin mapsource free download windows 8
- MapSource Free Download Windows 7
- MapSource_6163 exe
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
9 Comments to “Download Garmin MapSource for Free”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.