If you managed somehow and somewhere to download all the Windows Vista files (install.wim, boot.wim and a .EXE file), at this point you may be at loss how to make a bootable dvd in order to install Vista on your computer. Here is the step-by-step procedure:
- Put the three file in the same folder or directory. Let’s make the example that the three files all in the C:\ root.
- Run the .EXE file. A new folder named Vista will be created and it will contain a lot of files. These are the setup files.
- Exit from the install Windows screen.
- Download CDimage and install it.
- Click start on your desktop, open Run and type “cmd”. A command prompt shell will appear.
- Type: cdimage.exe -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bC:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com C:\Vista\ C:\Vistax86.iso.
- A bootable Windows Vista x86 DVD ISO image will be created as vistax86.iso in C:\.
- Burn the ISO image by using a burning software such as Nero. To avoid any error make sure to burn at a 2X or 4X speed.
Tags: dvd, Windows Vista
- bootable windows vista dvd
- Create a bootable vista dvd
- how do you boot off the windows vista DVD
- how to make a bootable vista dvd
- how to make vista dvd bootable
- make vista boot dvd
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
3 Comments to “How to make a bootable Windows Vista dvd”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.