Let me be straight about this. If you think to remove or uninstall Windows Media Center (WMC) well, change your mind because you can not. In fact the package is an inbuilt Windows Vista application and, just because of this, you have to keep it, no matter if you like it or not. A thing you can do anyway, is to disable it so that it won’t bother you anymore. But apart from the bothering side, WMC is also a resource eater that requires a lot of RAM to run. If you want to get rid of it and have your computer faster read this trick:
- Click on “Start”
- Click on “Run” and edit “services.msc”
- A windows will appear. Find all these services and disable them: Windows Media Center Extender Service, Windows Media Center Receiver Service, Windows Media Center Scheduler Service, Windows Media Center Service Launcher (and other services which have the launch or launcher word and thast are related with WMC)
- Click on “Start” again
- Click on “Run” and edit “MSConfig”
- Go to “Startup” tab
- Uncheck those entries which have the ehome as path such as ehTray.exe. This will prevent MCE to start when you turn on your PC.
Now to make the changes permanent you need to turn off and on your computer. Once done you should experience a faster, lighter Windows Vista! For more Vista news, trick and hacks click here. If you want to have a really lighter Windows Vista click here.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- Google Animal Sounds Hidden Feature!
- How to Lock and Protect Google Chrome with a User Password
- How to Play Pac-Man and Breakout Games on Google
- How to Install Windows 10 Without a Microsoft Account and Password
6 Comments to “How to disable Windows Media Center”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.