Windows Defender is a nice feature that let’s you protect your computer from unwanted malware such as: spyware, pestware, crapware, certain kind of viruses etc. Thanks to this inbuilt application, that is not recommended to disable, Vista detects any treat your computer comes in touch with, removes and quarantines it. Some people anyway, may wish to disable it because, for instance, they trust other applications which are more secure and complete. The solution to get rid of it, is to disable it by turning it off. This feature is very easy to spot since its among its option. Here is the trick:
- Run Windows Defender from Start Menu.
- Click “Tool”.
- Click Option located under “Tools and Settings”.
- Uncheck the check boxes: Use real-time protection (recommended) located under Real-Time protection option, Use Windows Defender located under “Administrator options”.
- Click “Save”
- A window will appear confirming that you disabled the application. Close it.
- Install another software offering the same protection.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
2 Comments to “How to uninstall Windows Defender in Vista”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.