Windows Defender is a nice feature that let’s you protect your computer from unwanted malware such as: spyware, pestware, crapware, certain kind of viruses etc. Thanks to this inbuilt application, that is not recommended to disable, Vista detects any treat your computer comes in touch with, removes and quarantines it. Some people anyway, may wish to disable it because, for instance, they trust other applications which are more secure and complete. The solution to get rid of it, is to disable it by turning it off. This feature is very easy to spot since its among its option. Here is the trick:
- Run Windows Defender from Start Menu.
- Click “Tool”.
- Click Option located under “Tools and Settings”.
- Uncheck the check boxes: Use real-time protection (recommended) located under Real-Time protection option, Use Windows Defender located under “Administrator options”.
- Click “Save”
- A window will appear confirming that you disabled the application. Close it.
- Install another software offering the same protection.
Tags: antispyware, trick, Windows Vista
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How to uninstall Windows Defender in Vista”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.