During installation of Windows Vista Sp1 the setup can give you back an error regardless to whether the upgrade is done via Windows Update or standalone setup installer. The error is something like this:
Error code: 0×80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139 for details.
In the event viewer there could also be logs which look like this one:
Error: Source: Servicing EventID: 4385
Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update 936330-2_neutral_GDR from package KB936330(Service Pack) into Staging(Staging) state.
This kind of error may come from some corrupted files or components in Windows Vista. One way to fix this error is to try to disable Windows Vista Features and perform another upgrade in order to fix the corrupted files. Here is the trick to follow.
- The first step is to turn off all Windows Vista features. So, click on Start and go to Control Panel.
- Click on Programs.
- Click Turn Windows Vista features on and off.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, uncheck all of the check boxes and click OK.
- Once executed the above steps, you have to try to perform a Windows Vista upgrade, also known as Repair Install. This procedure won’t delete any files or software. It will simply repair the system by reinstalling system files. So don’t worry. Your most important data won’t be erased. The first step is to turn off and turn on your computer again.
- Before turning off your PC, insert the Windows Vista installation DVD in the computer’s DVD drive. Now turn your computer on.
- Windows will now launch the “Install Windows” procedure, automatically.
- The procedure should you put before a question like this: “Which type of installation do you want?”
- Click Upgrade. Make sure to select your current Windows Vista edition.
- At this point try to install Windows Vista Sp1 again.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
One Comment to “Windows Vista SP1 Error Code 0×80070002”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.