If you installed Windows Genuine Advantege (WGA) addon in your Firefox browser, at a certain point you could wish to uninstall it from your computer and your life. This software serves only the purpose to bother you, and makes you curse at Microsoft when you try to download something from Microsoft Download Center. As a matter of fact, if you try to download restricted software, your browser will prompt you (thanks to the addon) to download and install WGAPluginInstall.exe which, once installed, will check if your Windows Vista or Xp is valid. WGAPluginInstall.exe installs npLegitCheckPlugin.dll and nsILegitCheckPlugin.xpt into Mozilla Firefox. Microsoft, as usual, has not given any way to uninstall the plugin, but luckily for us there is a little trick to get rid of it. Go to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins folder, and then delete the npLegitCheckPlugin.dll file. Then, go to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components folder, and delete the nsILegitCheckPlugin.xpt file. At this point, if you want to see if you have really removed the plugin, on your Firefox address bar write: about:plugins. If any info related to the plugin appears you are done!
Tags: add-on, Firefox, trick
- nsilegitcheckplugin xpt download
- download nsILegitCheckPlugin xpt
- nsILegitCheckPlugin xpt file download
- telecharger nsiLegitCheckPlugin
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
4 Comments to “How to remove Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) plug-in from Firefox”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.