One of the biggest issues of Windows Vista is its hunger for memory in order to run fast and smooth. Anyway, not all computers can afford to have a lot of it. This may be due to the fact that their memory slots are already full or that they can not handle more than a certain amount of RAM or maybe it is just their owners who don’t want to spend money. Whatever the reason at a certain point you brand new Windows Vista could start being sluggish. Its windows open slowly, programs respond after minutes, deleting a file can take hours! This is due to the lack of RAM which, while you want to do something, is used by Vista to do something else! So, what solution do we have to get more memory without buying new memory? A little trick is to turn off all the nice and spicy eye-candy features Microsoft stuffed its new operating system with. I want to be clear. You don’t need all those translucent, fading effects, right? All those sparkles and glitters are nice but, at the same time, slow your computer down by using most of its RAM. Let’s change our mentality and make our computer lighter and faster. Here is the trick:
- Click Start.
- Right click on Computer and click on Properties.
- Click Advanced System Settings on the left side of the window.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Performance, click Settings.
- Now you should be under the Visual Effects Tab.
- Click Custom.
- Now just select the following effects: Show Thumbnails instead of icons, smooth edges of screen fonts, use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop, use visual styles on windows and buttons.
- Now click Apply or OK.
After performing this trick, at a first glance your PC could looks like before, but a lot of useless RAM eater features have been disabled making your machine faster. If you want to perform other tweaks and make your computer run as fast as a rocket read this guide of mine.
Tags: trick, Windows Vista
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.