There are lots of ways to protect your computer from viruses, malware and malicious people trying to trick and scam you. Antivirus, antispyware, online scanner, specialised websites and a lot of software can protect you in a lot of ways. But how can you extricate yourself from this thick jungle and find out what you really need for you and your beloved computer? Here are the best guides I managed to find while surfing in the Internet. I have read all of them and I have to confess you that I was surprised to learn that there are, apart from expensive software, a lot of free programs that manage to shield you against the most common threads you can meet while surfing. Apart from this we can not underestimate the power of a few, little, important tips reported in some of these articles which can save us from hours of pain or worse! So, let’s read together what these writers and experts have to say and teach in order to be smarter than viruses!
- Techsupportalert.com | A very interesting website full of resources, guides, articles and lists of software to be always shielded against viruses and all kinds of threats. I use this website a lot because it contains a very exhaustive list of software covering every kind of security field as far as computer and Internet are concerned. I highly advice this website because if you can not find what you are looking for here, chances are that it does not exist!
- Webuser.co.uk | This interesting guide starts speaking about spywares and what they are, how you can get them and how to be protected from them. But just when you think to have learnt everything here it comes a list of other guides right at the end of the page concerning: Viruses, Premium Rate Diallers, Keylogging, Phishing and Identity Theft. I advice these guides to those people who are just getting seriously interested in the security subject.
- How to Protect Your Computer from Viruses | A very interesting 3-steps guide talking about the most elementary but effective ways to protect your computer from viruses. This guide focuses on the following free software which are considered by a lot of people the most trusting ones: AVG, AVAST! and COMODO.
- Don’t Be A Computer Virus Victim | A 11-steps guide talking about the most important things to do and not to do in order to make your computer virus-proof. I highly recommend this guide to beginners who want to know how to be safer while surfing.
- 10 things you should do to protect yourself on a public computer | Don’t underestimate the malevolent side of surfing on a public computer! Here is a very interesting guide about what you should do and know before and after you surf on a computer which is used by hundreds of people a day!
Tags: antispyware, antivirus, security, Web Talk
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.