There are a lot of reasons why your Windows Vista may take too long to shut down. Most of the time these issues have to do with Vista itself which doesn’t manage to terminate a program properly and wait, wait, wait endlessly. There is a nice feature in the Control Panel that lets you understand what is wrong with your Vista and what program is slowing down its shut down time. Here is the trick:
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Performance, Information and Tools.
- On the left pane click Advanced Tools.
- On the upper part of the window, just before “View advanced information about your computer’s performance” there is a small section which, in case something is wrong with you Vista, should report the following message: “Programs are causing Windows to shut down slowly”
- Click on it and find out which program is slowing down your PC.
Tags: trick, Windows Vista
- why does it take so long for windows vista to shut down
- why does vista take so long to shut down
- why is windows vista taking so long to shut down?
- how long is too long on the microsoft shutting down screen
- vista takes long time to shutdown
- why windows vista takes long time to shut down after dates
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
2 Comments to “Windows Vista takes too long to shut down”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.