This little, really little hack lets you convert your legitimate Windows XP Home into Windows XP Professional. Honestly speaking it doesn’t really convert it at all, but it just tricks Windows to think that it is a professional edition. As a matter of fact once you have applied the hack you won’t see many of the most common features available in XP Pro such as: Remote Desktop Server, Group Policy Editor etc. So why apply this hack? Honestly speaking I don’t know, but if you are looking for something original to do, here you are served!
- Click Start.
- On the Search Bar type: regedit and press Enter.
- Find this folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet00X/Control/ProductOptions where ControlSet00X is the one with the highest number.
- Delete the ProductSuite registry key.
- Create a new key named Brand of type DWORD and set its value to “0″.
- Reboot the system
- After BIOS-screen, press F8 and choose Last Known Good Configuration and press Enter.
Tags: hack, Windows XP
- convert windows 7 home to professional
- convert windows xp home to professional
- convert xp home edition to professional
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “Upgrade/Convert Windows XP Home to Windows XP Professional for free”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.