If your Internet connection is sluggish, if your computer takes hours to connect to the WiFi router, maybe it’s about time to apply this little trick which is said to improve your Internet speed up to 40% more in some cases. The trick is quite easy to apply and it also contains the instructions to revert it, just in case something goes wrong or you don’t like it.
- Click Start.
- Click All Programs.
- Click Accessories.
- Click Command Prompt.
- On Command prompt type: cd.. (press Enter). Now do it again: cd.. (press Enter).
- Now type the following commands (for each command dont forget to press Enter):
- Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
- If you want to revert everything type the following commands:
- As usual reboot your system for the changes to take effect.
netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global chimney=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=enabled
netsh interface tcp set global chimney=enabled
netsh interface tcp set global rss=enabled
Tags: trick, Windows Vista
- set global command failed on ipv4 the parameter is incorrect
- speed up internet connection vista
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
20 Comments to “How to speed Vista Internet connection”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.