If you are one of those guys who don’t care a lot about the CD burning features in Windows Vista because you use an excellent burning software such as Nero, then you might be interested in disabling it by using a little, simple hack. Here is the short step-by-step procedure:
- Click Start.
- Type regedit in the Start Menu Search
- Find the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer
- create a new 32-bit DWord and name it NoVistaBurningFeatures
- Give the new DWord the following value: 1
- Turn the computer off and on to apply the changes.
Tags: burner, hack, Windows Vista
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.