As you know there are a lot of icons in the Control Panel. But, how many of them do you use while you work or play? Let’s speak frankly, just 3 or 4, right? So, why don’t you get rid of most of them by creating a personalised Control Panel with just the stuff you really need? Here is the trick.
- Click Start.
- Click on the Control Panel and switch to Classic View (if you have Vista).
- Now, wherever you want create a new folder and call it Alternative Control Panel.
- Open this folder and drag all the icons you use from the real Control Panel into it.
- Right click on the folder.
- Select Properties.
- Select the Customize tab and then click the Change Icon… button.
- Choose an icon for your Alternative Control Panel and click OK.
- Click OK again to go to your to your folder.
- Drag the folder (icon) to your Start Menu button and wait. After a while you should see the Menu itself. Drop the folder wherever you want.
Tags: trick, Windows Vista
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.