If you try to export your bookmark list from Firefox to Windows Internet Explorer you will face a nasty problem. As a matter of fact, due to an incompatibility issue between these two browsers you won’t be allowed to perform such an operation (export). Anyway, thanks to this simple trick you will be able to export incompatibility bookmarks files in a few easy steps. Here is the procedure to follow.
- Open the bookmarks menu and select Organize Bookmarks.
- Click File menu and hit Export (if you use Firefox 2). If you are in Firefox 3, click Import and Backup and hit Export HTML.
- Save the HTML file containing all of your saved bookmarks in a location of your choice.
- In Internet Explorer 8, press the ALT key in order to display the classic menu bar.
- Once the classic menu bar appears, click File and hit Import and Export…
- A wizard windows will appear, click Next.
- Now check the radio button or just select Import/Export form a File or Address. Click Next.
- Now locate the Firefox HTML bookmark backup and click Next.
- Select a Folder and click Next. At the end of the process just hit Finish and you are done.
Tags: Firefox, Internet Explorer, trick
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
2 Comments to “How to export bookmarks from Firefox to Internet Explorer”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.