As you know the new Google Chrome is out. If you had a chance to try it out you should know how fast, simple and minimal it is. As I wrote on a previous article of mine the new Google’s browser has got a lot of new features which are going to turn it into a fierce Firefox/Internet Explorer competitor (killer application). Google Chrome is an excellent software and apparently it looks like it doesn’t need any tweaks to improve its already good performance. Anyway, for those of you guys who are always looking for good stuff to improve your software beyond its limit, here is a list of useful Chrome tricks or hacks:
- Control + Shift + N : Opens the famous “incognito” windows. Thanks to it you will be able to surf without leaving any footprint on your PC (cookes, history etc.)
- You can also open a website in an “incognito” window by right-clicking on a link and selecting: Open link in incognito window.
- Alt + Home : Loads your Google Chrome home page along with thumbnails of your most visited sites.
- Control + T : Opens a new Tab.
- Control + Shift + T : Opens your most recently closed tab. Press this key combination again to open the tab closed before the one you just opened.
- Control + 1, Control + 2, Control + 3, etc. : Lets you jump to different tabs.
- Control + Tabs : Lets you open tabs in order.
- As in Fireofx 3, you can drag a link onto a tab to it , or drop it between two tabs to open a new tab.
- Control +B : Hides or shows the bookmark’s bar.
- Control + H : Opens the History page.
- Control + J : Opens the download page.
- To delete an item from the download page, right-click on the selected item and click Remove.
- Right-click the top of the browser window, select Task manager to find out how much memory tabs and plug-ins are taking from your computer to work. Select one of them and click End process to stop it running.
- About:plugins (write it in the address bar): Lets you see what plug-in you are using.
- About:crash (write it in the address bar): Lets you see what a crashed tab looks like.
- To know more information about Google Chrome you can also type in the address bar the following commands: about:stats, about:network, about:histograms, about:memory, about:cache, about:dns, about:internets.
- To delete all of your data stored into Google Chrome: click the Tools icon and select Clear browsing data…
- Shift + Escape: Lets you bring up the Google Chrome Task manager.
Edit: Interested in more Chrome tricks? Read this article now!
Tags: Chrome, trick
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
2 Comments to “Google Chrome tricks and tips”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.