Every time you install a new software in Windows Vista (if you click on Start) the system will highlight, with a notification bubble, the All Programs folder. Once you open it, even the folder corresponding to the new software will be highlighted. Personally speaking I don’t lilke this feature at all. I already know what programs I have installed on my system, and I don’t need any nagging feature reminding me of that. Here is the trick to disable it.
- Right click on Start.
- Click Properties.
- Click Customize.
- Scroll the option down and untick Highlight newly installed programs.
Tags: hack, Windows Vista
- how to turn off highlight newly installing programs in spanish
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.