It is very common, after installing a new software in Windows Vista, to be prompted to reboot the computer in order to finish the installation. A lot of times this operation is not necessary at all, since it is just sufficent to restart Explorer to start using the software. Here is a couple of hacks to apply in order to restart Explorer and use your applications at once.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL
- Select Start Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, click on explorer.exe entry and kill it (end process).
- Open your notepad.
- Type: @echo off
taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
- Save the file with extension .bat
- Create a shortcut on the desktop. Every time you need to restart Explorer, just doublke-click on it.
Tags: hack, Windows Vista
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
2 Comments to “How to restart Explorer in Windows Vista”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.