If you love Google like I do, then you should have some nice Google application on your computer such as: Google Earth, Google Chrome, Picasa etc. They are all very useful pieces of software which, like every other program, tend to use RAM and CPU resources which in some cases could be diverted for more useful purposes. One thing a lot of people doesn’t know is that when somebody (yes, even you!) downloads and installs some Google utility, he also gets, without knowing, a little application called GoogleUpdate. What this GoogleUpdate does is to silently try to connect, without asking for any permission, to the Internet in order to update your Google applications. If you don’t like this behavior, which among the other things uses your computer resources, here is the hack that helps you remove and uninstall the GoogleUpdate.exe.
First of all, let’s check if you have GoogleUpdate.exe. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL. Click Start Task Manager. A window containing all the running processes should appear on your desktop. Just check if you see GoogleUpdate.exe. If it is installed on your PC, just apply the following trick.
- Press Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Administrative tools.
- Click Task Scheduler.
- On the Task Scheduler window expand on the left pane the Task Scheduler Library Folder. Now locate on the right the GoogleUpdateTaskUser. Right click on it and select Delete.
- Close the Task Scheduler window and press again CTRL+ALT+DEL. Now select GoogleUpdate.exe and click the End Process button.
- Press Start.
- Click Run…
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- Locate the following sub-key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\
- In the right pane locate the value named “Google Update”, right-click on it and select Delete.
- Reboot your computer for the hack to take effect. This will let you uninstall Googleupdate.exe for good.
- gupdate uninstall
- uninstall gupdate
- How to Play Pac-Man and Breakout Games on Google
- How to Install Windows 10 Without a Microsoft Account and Password
- How to Stop Automatic Drivers Update and Installation in Windows 10
- How to Remove Google Custom Search Virus/Malware
7 Comments to “How to remove or uninstall GoogleUpdate.exe”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.