Having to do with a lot of programs can be fun and distressing at the same time. As a matter of fact, once you don’t need of a certain application anymore, you have to uninstall it to free up some space in your hard disk. The easy solution to do that is to use those features located under “Programs and Features” which let you uninstall, change or repair your software. These features are part of the so called GUI (graphic user interface) whose task is to let you perform, thanks to icons and a “guided mode”, certain operations with ease. Anyway, uninstalling programs in this way is not the fastest method available. Let’s see how we can remove software with a couple of simple commands from DOS. (these commands are also useful when you can’t uninstall a program by using the regular way).
- Click Start.
- Click All Porgrams.
- Click Accessories and select Command Prompt.
- Once the black Windows is open, type WMIC and press Enter.
- Now type this command: product get name .This command will create a list of installed applications on your PC. This list, apart from being useful to know what you have got on your PC, lets you also see the complete name of an application.
- Now type: product where name=”" call uninstall Note: Inside name”" you have to write the name of software you wish to uninstall i.e. Microsoft Silverlight
- Here is a complete example of the above command: product where name=”Microsoft Silverlight” call uninstall
- When prompted just press Y to uninstall the application.
This trick works for Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
Tags: trick, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- how to uninstall a program using dos
- command for uninstall in dos
- how to uninstall programs using dos prompt
- how to unintall in dos
- odinstalace program? v dos
- odinstalace programu dos lišta
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
8 Comments to “How to uninstall programs from DOS”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.