While trying to check your Gmail account via IMAP by using one of the many e-mail clients available such as: Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail etc., you might get the following error message: “Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following: Invalid credentials (Failure)”. This error is triggered when you are checking your Gmail too many times (Google recommends to check for new e-mails once every 10 minutes) or when automatic scripts try to abuse or crack the account. Here is what to do to fix it!Whatever the reason, if you are sure that everything in your Gmail is OK, that you are not checking your Gmail’s Inbox too frequently and that you’re using a correct password and username (Invalid credentials also means that you entered a wrong username or password), then try to clear and unlock the captcha for your Google account. Just use this link here: https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha to unlock the captcha. If, after applying the above trick, you still face such an error, try to use this alternative IMAP server: imap.googlemail.com on SSL port 993.
Tags: email, Google App, trick
- imap invalid credentials
- gmail a1 no [alert] invalid credentials (failure)
- imap invalid credentials failure
- mozilla thunderbird imap googlemail invalid credentials
- outlook invalid credentials (failure)
- your imap server wants to alert you to the following invalid credentials
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.