Being in a family is a hard task above all if you are a parent always preventing your children from sticking their noses in dangerous places. If you own a computer the whole situation worsens dramatically. Despite the fact that surfing the Internet is very easy and doesn’t require a lot of efforts, the Internet itself is not a secure and harmless place. That’s why you might want to prevent your children from surfing certain websites or open certain programs (browsers and software to send emails) to gain access to the Web or your private matters.
I have already written about ways to prevent users from accessing your files and folders, or how to prevent users from recovering files on your PC, or how to prevent users from changing your display settings. Today I want to write about how to prevent your children from accessing to specific programs on your computer. Here is the quick trick.
- Click Start. (make sure to login as administrator)
- Click Control Panel.
- Under User Account and Family Safety, click Set-up Parental Control for any User.
- If prompted type your password and click Continue.
- Choose the account you want to set up the parental control.
- Now, click Allow and block specific programs.
- Select [username] can only use programs I allow.
- Now check the program you want to make available for the user.
- Click OK.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
- How to Solve KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys Error in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.