I already spoke about ways to convert PNG files to ICO. I also told you where you can grab tons of ICO files for free. What I haven’t said to you yet is how to convert every picture and image you have on your computer to ICO and from ICO to PNG. Here is a free utility which can be quite useful to you above all if you run a website.
ToYcon is a freeware software which converts JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP and TGA images to PNG files and from PNG to ICO. The big news here is that this utility supports the new Vista ICO which has 256×256 resolution with compression PNG. Another interesting feature is that when you convert to PNG the program creates a full set of files you can play with, just in case you want a specific dimension and size. Other features include:
- It is a portable software so you don’t have to install anything on your computer.
- Drag-and-drop function. Just drag-and-drop your file or files and that’s it! ToYicon will do the rest automatically.
- Format available: Format: 16×16, 24×24, 32×32, 48×48, 64×64, 72×72, 96×96, 128×128 and 256×256.
- Colors available: Color: 4bits, 8bits and 32bits.
- Convert and ICO to PNG (you will get an image of 256×256)
If you want to know more or if you want to download it, click here.
Tags: freeware, usb, utility
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “Convert images to ICO and PNG”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.