If you work on a shared computer or if you have children at home, you know pretty well how easy is to find your PC all messed up. I have already spoken about this in the past, and I have also given you some solution. You may want to read these articles about how to restrict access to programs, prevent people from changing your display settings and how to see if somebody tried to access your computer. There is no limit to the damages people can cause to your computer, above all if they start messing in the registry. As a matter of fact, the registry editor is the most dangerous place in your computer where, with a single click, people can damage your operating system permanently. Let’s see how we can prevent the registry (RegEdit) from being used thanks to a little hack.
- Click Start.
- In the Search bar, type Regedit and press Enter.
- Locate the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
- On the right pane, right-click and create a new Key named System.
- Now go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- On the right pane, right-click and create a new DWORD (32-bit), name it DisableRegistryTools and give it the value: 1
- If you want to disable the use of the Registry to all users go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Policies\System, create a new DWORD (32-bit), name it DisableRegistryTools and give it the value: 1
- Turn your computer off and back on for the hack to take effect.
Tags: hack, Windows Vista
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.