Windows 7 Action Center is a special window located under the Control Panel, where the system gives the user a lot of useful information regarding security, problems, troubleshootings, maintenance etc. When a message gets a “Normal Priority” status, it is queued in the Action Center itself. But when a message gets a ” Important Priority” status it is sent to the Notification Area, on the desktop taskbar, so that the user will be able to see it right away, indipendently from what he is doing. Here is a simple tricks to turn off, disable and prevent these icons from appearing on the Notification Area.
This first trick lets you turn-off and remove the Alert center System Icon.
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click on the All Control Panel Items link.
- Now open System Icons.
- Under Alert Center, click on the Behaviour drop down menu and select Off.
- Click OK for the change to take effect.
This second trick lets you turn off the Alert center icons from the Notification Area.
- Click on the arrow located on the Notification Area (previously known as system tray).
- A small window containing all the hidden icons should appear. Inside it, click Customize.
- Look for Action Center and select Hide icon and notifications.
- Untick Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar located at the end of the window.
- Click OK.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
6 Comments to “How to turn off Action Center notifications in Windows 7”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.