I still remember how some time ago I spoke about the new interesting feature provided by Google Labs, which lets you use your Gmail offlline after turn it on, without an Internet connection at hand. You may want to read this article of mine, in case you missed it. Today I want to spend some of my time to explain to you how to turn it on and enable it on your computer. Remember, this service is available in the UK and in the USA so far! (update: it looks like it is now available in other country. Check your Gmail account right away!)
- Log-in to your Gmail account.
- Go to Settings (located on the left, upper side of your screen) and right after that click the Labs tab.
- The first option available (at the time writing) should be the Offline feature.
- Enable it.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- Still on the left, upper side of your screen click Offine 0.1.
- A dialog box should appear. Click Allow making sure to have previously ticked the I trust this site. Allow it to use Gears check box.
- Click Next.
- Select where you want to place the icon for Gmail offline and click OK.
- A procedure will start downloading those components which will allow you to use your Gmail, offline.
- After finishing you should see the following message: Status: Synchronized
- You are now ready to use the Google Offline!
Tags: email, Google App
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.