OK, Windows 7 is just in beta, but I bet that some of its current bugs will be also “available” in the definite release. That’s the example of this little annoying bug. In fact, some icons representing applications, folders and shortcuts can not be removed from the Start Menu in Windows 7 once the user pins them to it. Computer, Network, Control Panel and Recycle Bin are just a few examples. This bug looks like a lack of options in order to remove the icons from the Start Menu, if you ask me. Anyway, let’s see how we can solve this issue thanks to this free hack.
- Click Start.
- In the Search Bar, type regedit and press Enter.
- Locate the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartPage
- Now, in the right pane of the registry window delete the following the key named Favorites.
- Turn your computer off and back on for the change to take effect.
- The Start Menu should appear clean from any previous icon.
Tags: bugs, hack, Windows 7
- cannot remove icon from start menu windows 7
- windows 7 start menu icon will not delete
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
2 Comments to “How to remove pinned icons from Start Menu in Windows 7”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.