One of the most common issues while working or playing with a computer shared with other coworkers or family members, has to do, without any doubt , with your privacy. You may wish to read these articles on how to prevent users from accessing your files and folders, recovering your deleted files and changing your display settings. Anyway, if you are concerned about people being able to see your personal files and folders more than anything else, here is a nice trick which, in a very sneaky way, is able to hide folders from view. They won’t even be available by using Windows Search!
- Click Start.
- In the Search box, type cmd and press Enter.
- Change the partition where you want to put your hidden folder. To do it, type D: and press Enter.
- Now type the following command, where myhiddenfolder is the name of your…hidden folder: D:/>attrib +h +s +r myhiddenfolder
- If you want to revert the process, namely you want to show the folder type: D:/>attrib -h -s -r myhiddenfolder
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Fix Google Chrome Won’t Update Adobe Flash Player
- How to Turn Off Chat Box (AKA Google Talk or GTalk) From Your Gmail
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
- How to Change your Facebook Profile Look (Design) and Block Ads
5 Comments to “How to hide folders in your computer without using any software”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.