After installing Windows 7 on a partition with Windows Vista already installed, it may happen that you won’t be able to see the partition where Windows Vista is located. This is due to a little glitch which doesn’t assign the letter to the partition in Windows 7. Here is the easy trick to fix it.
- Click Start.
- In the Search Box, type diskmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- You should now see the Disk Management utility, and inside it the Windows Vista partition without any assigned letter.
- Right-click on the Vista partition and from the menu select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Press Add.
- Select the radio button Assign the following drive letter.
- Select your favorite letter.
Tags: bugs, trick, Windows 7
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.