Microsoft has recently enabled POP3 and SMTP features in all Hotmail accounts. Until some time ago such features where only available in Hotmail Plus accounts where users had to pay to get them. As you know POP3 and SMTP support lets you receive and send your personal emails from your phone and any e-mail client software such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook etc. This is quite useful, above all if you want to download your personal emails to your computer or laptop and read them later without having to get an Internet connection. Anyway such an opportunity won’t be available to everybody right away.
As a matter of fact, Microsoft for some unknown reason has decided to gradually extend this features to all its users starting from Canada, Australia, France, Japan, Spain, Germany, Italy and United Kingdom. Other countries will have to wait a little longer. If you are not one of those lucky guys living in the countries listed above and can’t wait to have POP3 and SMTP features in your Hotmail, here is a hack to activate them right away!
- Log-in to your Hotmail account.
- Click Option and click More Options at the end of the menu.
- Now, click on Registered Information.
- In the Home Location and Work Location change whatever your wrote in the forms to:
- Click Save.
- Make sure that the default language in Hotmail is set to English ( go to Options.).
Postal Code: WC1B 3DG
Constituent Country: England
Time zone: London, United Kingdom – GMT
Tags: email, hack, Microsoft
- hotmail turn on pop3
- smtp windows 8 turn on
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
4 Comments to “How to turn on POP3 and SMTP in Windows Live Hotmail”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.