As you know, there is a nice hack which lets your Hotmail account get POP3 and SMTP features even though you don’t live in one of those counties which already have this service enabled. With such an option enabled, wouldn’t be nice to forward your emails from your Hotmail to your Gmail account? Let’s see how we can achieve this result.
- Turn on POP3 and STMP features in your Hotmail account first.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click the Settings link located on the upper right side of the browser’s window, next to your Gmail address.
- Click the Account tab.
- In the Get mail from other accounts section, click the Add Another Mail Account link.
- A dialog box should appear asking you for an email address. In the blank field type your Hotmail email address.
- Now go to your Hotmail account and set it as follows:
- Right under these settings, tick the checkbox Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail.
- Click Add Account.
Username: Yourusername@hotmail.com (or @live.com, @msn.com)
Password: (use the Windows Live ID password )
POP Server: pop3.live.com
Tags: email, Google App, Microsoft, trick
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.