Nowadays privacy is a big issue. In most cases, protecting your data and sensitive information is a crucial necessity not to be scammed and defrauded. I have already spoken about this issue widely in Web Talk. You may want to read my articles on how to hide folders without any application, lock your software, find out if your Gmail has been hacked, know if a web page is infected, create strong passwords and much more. Today, I want to speak of how you can securely lock and hide folders in your computer to prevent users and malicious people from opening them.
Hide Folders is a nice, freeware application which does exactly what it says. In fact, it lets you hide any folder in your computer. Folders which have been secured and password-protected by Hide Folders can not be recovered, viewed, opened and deleted through the standard methods. Here is a list of its most important features:
- It works in Windows
WindowsVista with full support for NTFS, FAT32 and FAT file system.
- Folders are hidden even in Windows safe mode.
- Folders are password-protected and can be un-hidden after such the right password has been entered.
- No limit to the number of folders that can be hidden.
- Fast and user-friendly skinned user interface.
Tags: freeware, security, utility
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.