If you have a computer, you like writing and have a lot of friends, then you may have got a lot of e-mails as well. These e-mails may contain sensitive information regarding your life, work, financial data etc. or may be important because they speak about important facts which have to do with your friends, family members etc. Whatever the reason, this valuable database, due to the very unreliable nature of computers might be constantly in jeopardy. As a matter of fact, have you ever thought what would happen if, by any chance, you computer broke beyond any possibility of recovering the files it contains?
If you had Google Gmail that would not be an issue at all, because your data would be stored in the more than reliable Google servers even though, just in case you are paranoid, you could backup those e-mails thanks to this little freeware application. If instead you use specific e-mail clients such as MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora etc. then you need a software which, in an easy way, recovers your e-mails in order to save them in a secure place (USB drive, DVD support etc.). Amic Email backup is an easy, freeware, opensource application which lets you backup your emails in a couple of steps. Here is al ist of its features:
- Works in two modes: Winzard and Standard mode.
- Schedule feature to backup your emails daily, weekly or whenever yuo want.
- The email database can be saved on one computer and restored to another.
- It works with MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Messenger, IncrediMail and PocoMail.
Tags: email, freeware, utility
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.