If your computer doesn’t have a lot of space to let you stuff your files in the hard disk, you might take into consideration to remove something to gain some gigabytes. For example, if you don’t use System Restore a lot, you could remove its restore points which, among the other things, are able to eats a lot of resources. Let’s see together how to delete restore points in Windows 7.
How to delete all System Protection Points
- Click Start.
- Right-click Computer and select Properties.
- In the left pane click System Protection.
- Under System Restore, among its options select a drive letter (usually the one where you operating system is installed) and click Configure.
- Now click Delete and, right after that, Continue (if prompted).
- Click OK.
How to delete everything but the latest recent System protection Point.
- Click Start.
- In the Search Box, type Cleanmgr and press Enter.
- Select a drive letter and click OK.
- Now click Clean up system files.
- Again, select a driver letter (which usually is the one where you o.s. is installed) and cilck OK.
- Click More Options.
- Under System Restore and Shadow Copies, click Clean Up.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.