Sometimes, Windows might disable the option to show you hidden files and folders located in your computer. This is due to a glitch or some viruses which are able to disable such a feature in order to hide better in your operating system. The option I am talking about is called: “Show all hidden files and folders” located under “Folder Options”. If your antivirus is not able to eliminate a virus or spyware and you need to look inside these hidden folders to spot it, here is a quick hack to solve this issue.
- Click Start.
- In the Search box, type: regedit and press Enter.
- In Windows XP, Click Run and press Enter.
- Locate this key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows
CurrentVersion Explorer AdvancedFolderHidden SHOWALL.
- In the right pane, check that the subkey CheckedValue data is REG_DWORD. If it is not, delete it.
- If you have deleted CheckedValue, create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value and name it CheckedValue and give it value 1.
- If the subkey CheckedValue is already in your registry,Double-click it and check that it has got value 1 (if it has got another value change it to 1).
- Now, check that CheckedValue is REG_SZ type, and has got the value data radio.
- Restart your computer for the change to take effect.
- Set your operating system to show hidden files and folders.
Tags: hack, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- force show hidden files
- forcing windows 7 to show all hidden files
- force hidden files show
- force show hidden folders xp
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.