Having a lot of pictures and images in your computer is nice and funny and require no extra money, since nowadays all computers have got a lot of memory (HDD). But what happen if you have got really tons of pictures or if you want to send them through the Internet? Well, in the first case you need more space so it is advisable to buy some external hard disk. In the second case there is not a lot to do. In fact, the only limit you have got is given by your webmail provider which, in most cases, limits the amount of data you can use to attach files to your e-mails. If you have got a lot of pictures and images and you like to look at them in your free time, or you use them in your blog or you send them via e-mail, then this freeware application is for you.
RIOT (Radical Image Optimization Tool) is a freeware utility which is able to optimize your pictures and make them lighter for all your needs. In fact, thank to RIOT you will be able to compress all your images with different extensions with the main goal to send them easily and without consuming a lot of bandwidth via e-mail, or optimise them for your blog so that they won’t use too many server resources, or to store them in your computer without taking a lot of space. Here is a list of its most important features:
- Very easy GUI (Grahical User Interface).
- Able to optimize pictures with the following extensions: JPEG, GIF, PNG.
- LITE plugin – only one DLL, basic functionality.
- Extended plugin – two DLLs (RIOT.dll + FreeImage.dll) – extended functionality.
- Application – EXE + DLLs – extended functionality.
- Works in dual view. You will be able to see the original picture and, next to it, the images after it has been optimized.
- Compress files to desired filesize threshold.
- Tweak your images with these simple options: pan and zoom, rotate, flip.
- The compression and the results are comparable to those of commercial products.
Tags: freeware, photo editor, utility
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.