I have already spoken of how to make your Firefox load faster than ever, thanks to a couple of simple tricks. However, if you are not into tweaking your applications because you are not a big geek and you prefer to rely on applications which “almost” work out-of-the-box, here is a nice script which can be quite useful to you.
UPX is a simple but powerful file which, by compressing the DLLs and executables, is able to boost your Firefox startup. Here is the simple procedure to achieve this incredible result:
- Download the UPX file here.
- Now, turn off Firefox.
- Extract and put the UPX.exe file into your Firefox folder which usually is located under C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox.
- Now, click Start.
- In the Search Box (in Windows Vista), type cmd and press Enter.
- You should now be in the command prompt black window.
- Locate your Firefox folder. To do that type cd.. and press Enter. Again, type cd.. and press Enter. At this point you should be in the main root (C:\).
- Now go on and type, cd Program Files and hit Enter. Now, type cd Mozilla Firefox.
- Now you should be in the Firefox main folder.
- At this point type: for %v in (*.exe *.dll components\*.dll plugins\*.dll) do upx “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\%v” and hit Enter.
Tags: Firefox, freeware, trick
- how can i make firefox start up faster
- How to force firefox to start faster
- how to make firefox load faster at statup
- how to make firefox startup faster
- load pictures faster firefox vista
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
11 Comments to “How to make your Firefox load faster at startup”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.