Windows 7 offers you an extra, superb way to protect your sensitive and private data by letting you lock and encrypt any drive on your computer. Thanks this trick you will be able to keep out unauthorized, nosy people and hackers from getting important information about you. Let’s see how to achieve this result thanks to a small embeeded utility called BitLocker Encryption.
- Click Start.
- Click and open Control Panel.
- Click the BitLocker Encryption link.
- Select the drive to protect, lock and encrypt.
- Tick the option: Use a password to unlock the drive.
- Now, select where to save the recovery key.
- how to lock drives in windows 7
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
- How to Solve KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys Error in Windows 10
- How to Prevent Microsoft Internet Edge from Showing Pop-Up Notification
10 Comments to “How to lock and encrypt any drive in Windows 7”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.