If you like to have a tidy, clean or completely icon free computer desktop, then this little hack is for you. As a matter of fact, you can now add the Recycle Bin to the taskbar to give more space to other shortcuts on your desktop. If instead you want to get rid of all shortcuts and icons, well, this trick is a necessary step to your “state-of-perfection”!
Here is the procedure to add the Recycle Bin to your taskbar. By the way, if you wish to add the Bin to the Start menu, here is nother interesting hack!
- Right-click on any blank space on your computer desktop.
- From the menu, click New and right after that Shortcut.
- A new window called Create Shortcut will appear.
- Inside Type the location of the item field, add %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe shell:RecycleBinFolder
- Click Next.
- Now, give a name to your shortcut.
- Click Finish.
- Right-click on the shortcut you just created (it should be on the desktop) and click Properties.
- Type the following code in the Look for icons: %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll
- Press Enter.
- Select an icon of your choice.
- Click OK.
- Move the shortcut to your Documents library (or any other location of your choice).
- Again, right click the shortcut, select Pin to Taskbar.
- The shortcut should now be on your taskbar!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
One Comment to “How to add the Recycle Bin on the taskbar in Windows 7”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.