As you know the new Windows 7 gives you the opportunity to run Windows XP in a special virtual environment called Windows Virtual PC. This is particularly useful if you want to use applications and software for your work or leisure which are too old for Windows 7. Windows XP Mode can be accessed from the Virtual PC in order to execute applications, but you also can run such applications from the Windows 7 Start Menu or desktop. Here is a small step-by-step guide to install Windows XP mode on your Windows 7.
- Be sure your computer meets the system requirement in order to run Windows XP Mode.
- Download the Windows Virtual PC Beta for Windows 7 and the Windows XP Mode Beta.
- Install the Virtual PC on your computer and reboot it.
- After your computer has been rebooted, install Windows XP beta. Do not forget to set the password and username for your Virtual PC.
- After you are done with the installation you should see a small box on your screen that says Setting up Virtual Windows XP for first use. At this point let the system runs for a few minutes.
- Right after that you will see a window that asks for your credentials. Type the password you used in step 4.
- At this point the Virtual PC window will open on your screen. You are free to install whatever old software you wish!
If you wish to execute the applications you just installed in your Virtual PC, follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- Click All Programs.
- Click Windows Virtual PC.
- Click Virtual Windows XP Applications. You should be able to see, among the other things, a list of all the applications you have installed in the virtual environment.
- To run such applications from within your Windows 7, just copy the shortcut on your Windows 7 desktop.
Note: Keep in mind that in order to run the Virtual XP Applications from Windows 7 you must close the Virtual PC window.
Tags: freeware, Microsoft, Windows 7, Windows XP
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.