Google is the best Web Search Engine ever. I think that everybody agrees with this simple but quite meaningful statement. Period! It can search million of pages in a few nanoseconds and displays the result on your screen right away. But Google is also fast at spidering and indexing new articles, posts and webpages within a few minutes after they are published online. If you want to specifically search Google for latest news , recent articles, posts or fresh content, here is a nice hack quite easy to apply.
If you want Google to show just fresh content which has been published in the last 24h, just append this code &as_qdr=d to the last part of a Google search URL. Here is an example:
Original Google search URL:
Modified Google search URL ( latest articles and posts published during the latest 24h):
If you want your Firefox borwser to search just fresh content, here is a hack for you:
- In the Address bar type: about:config
- When prompted click the button “I’ll be carful, I promise”
- Now, in the filter search, look for the key: keyword.URL.
- Double click it and change its content with http://www.google.com/search?as_qdr=d&q=
- From now on your Firefox you will be able to search Google for the latest news published during the last 24h
Tags: Firefox, Google App, hack
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.