Among the many improvements in Windows 7 there is the all new taskbar enriched with a lot of features to make user’s life easier than ever. Among its options we can find the thumbnails preview. If you hover your mouse’s pointer over the buttons located on the taskbar you will be able to see small thumbnail previews of opened windows. If you don’t like this feature and you want to turn it off and disable it, here is a quick trick for you.
- Click Start.
- In the Search box, type GPEdit.msc and press Enter.
- Now, go to User Configuration – Administrative Templates – Start Menu and Taskbar in left pane of Local Group Policy Editor.
- In Local Group Policy Editor, in the right pane, look for Turn off taskbar thumbnails and double click it.
- Click the Enabled radio button.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer for the change to take effect. The Taskbar thumbnail preview should now be turned off and disabled.
- If you change your mind and you wish to renable such a feature, just set the value to Disabled or Not Configured.
If the above trick doesn’t work, you can try this hack alternatively.
- Click Start.
- In the Search box, type regedit and press Enter.
- Locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Policies\ Explorer
- In the right pane, right click and select New – DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Create a new DWORD and name it TaskbarwithoutThumbnail.
- Double click the new DOWRD and give it 1 as value.
- Restart your computer for the chnage to take effect.
Tags: hack, trick, Windows 7
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How to disable Taskbar thumbnail preview in Windows 7”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.