Google has recently rolled out an interesting feature letting you send emails as Hotmail using your favorite Gmail account. In this way, when the recipient receives an email, it will look like as if it was sent using a regular Hotmail account. Here is the simple trick to follow.
- Add the following SMTP configuration settings for Hotmail in your Gmail:
- Right after entering the above settings, Gmail will return you with an error like this:
- Don’t worry! If you really want to send emails as Hotmail using Gmail here is the trick to apply
- Just uncheck Always use a secure connection (SSL) when sending mail setting and set the SMTP port to 25.
- That’s it! Just remember that enabling the port 25 you are actually using a unsecure connection without SSL which can be user by hackers to read your emails.
SMTP server: smtp.live.com
Always use a secure connection (SSL) when sending mail: Yes
Couldn’t reach server. Please double-check the server and port number.
Tags: email, Google App, trick
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.