Google Maps is the incredible software developed by the big G which lets you see tons of satellite maps. You can see and observe literally everything in the world in a matter of seconds. It uses maps from NASA and other sources which are downloaded into your computer on demand. But here is its biggest limit. Without an Internet connection you can not use this excellent software. Let’s see how to download and save Google Maps and use them offline.
Offline Maps is a nice, freeware application which downloads tiles from Google Maps and Openstreetmap. Here is a list of its most important features:
- It can download tiles to a folder on your computer.
- ability to view the downloaded tiles in the application.
- ability to receive data from a GPS device and position the map at the points received from the device.
Furthermore, if you are a developer, you can can also develop and create new layers and draw on maps.
Tags: freeware, gps, utility
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How to download Google Maps”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.