HomeGroup is a brand new service, available in Windows 7, which lets you share files, pictures, documents and printers with other PC running Windows 7 in home networks.If you do not like this feature and you think that it consumes a lot of your computer resources (without talking about the fact that other users could read and download stuff from your computer), here is a simple trick to turn off and remove HomeGroup once for good.
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Go to Network and Internet – HomeGroup.
- Click Leave the homegroup.
- Confirm that you want to get out of any home group.
- Click Finish.
- Now click Start again, and in the search box, type services and hit Enter.
- Locate HomeGroup Listener, HomeGroup Provider.
- Stop these service, double click on each service to open Properties dialog, and set its Startup type to Disabled.
- Click OK.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.