HomeGroup is a brand new service, available in Windows 7, which lets you share files, pictures, documents and printers with other PC running Windows 7 in home networks.If you do not like this feature and you think that it consumes a lot of your computer resources (without talking about the fact that other users could read and download stuff from your computer), here is a simple trick to turn off and remove HomeGroup once for good.
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Go to Network and Internet – HomeGroup.
- Click Leave the homegroup.
- Confirm that you want to get out of any home group.
- Click Finish.
- Now click Start again, and in the search box, type services and hit Enter.
- Locate HomeGroup Listener, HomeGroup Provider.
- Stop these service, double click on each service to open Properties dialog, and set its Startup type to Disabled.
- Click OK.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.