HomeGroup is a brand new service, available in Windows 7, which lets you share files, pictures, documents and printers with other PC running Windows 7 in home networks.If you do not like this feature and you think that it consumes a lot of your computer resources (without talking about the fact that other users could read and download stuff from your computer), here is a simple trick to turn off and remove HomeGroup once for good.
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Go to Network and Internet – HomeGroup.
- Click Leave the homegroup.
- Confirm that you want to get out of any home group.
- Click Finish.
- Now click Start again, and in the search box, type services and hit Enter.
- Locate HomeGroup Listener, HomeGroup Provider.
- Stop these service, double click on each service to open Properties dialog, and set its Startup type to Disabled.
- Click OK.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Save and Backup Your YouTube Videos in Google Drive Using Google Takeout
- How to Make Your Google Chrome Run Faster and More Efficently
- How to Turn On Windows 10 GodMode
- How to Fix Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop Issue after Upgrade or Installation
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.