If you use Gmail to check and write your emails in Opera, the latest version of this famous browser will give you the chance to set Gmail as default email client. All you need to do is to modify an Opera file. This modification will let you click any email to link on any webpage to use your Gmail.
- In order to use Gmail as default email client in Opera 10, go to C:\Program Files\Opera\defaults as a first step.
- Locate ebmailproviders.ini file and open it with Notepad.
- Now, go right at the end of the list and add thids piece of code:
- Save the file and close it.
- Now go to Opera and click Preferences.
- Go to Advanced – Programs and select mailto from the Protocol list.
- Now, click the Edit button and click the Use a Web mail service button.
- Click OK and restart Opera for the change to take effect.
- If you use OS X as operating system and still want to set Gmail in Opera 10, you will have the same procedure but you will have to locate the file Webmailproviders.ini in Contents\Resources\defaults.
Tags: hack, Opera
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
5 Comments to “How to set Gmail in Opera 10 as default email client”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.