If you buy Windows 7 from Microsoft online store you will be able to download the operating system as ISO file. In this case , read this guide in order to make a bootable DVD or USB drive and install Windows 7 on your computer in a couple of easy steps. However, for those customers who bought it from other online stores such as Digital River, the matter can be quite different. As a matter of fact, in these cases there won’t be any ISO file, but electronic digital distribution files (.EXE and .BOX). Let’s see how to proceed in order to install Windows 7 on your machine by using such files.
Electronic digital distribution files are nothing else than three files. Here is an example:
- Windows 7-HP-Retail-en-us-x64.exe
If you want to create a single ISO file out of these three files (by the way, here is the article containing the direct links to download them aka Windows 7) , here is the easy procedure to make a bootable ISO image:
- As a first step, group these files in the same location or folder.
- Now, right-click each file, click Properties, and click the Unblock button to make them readable.
- Click the .EXE file with Administrator rights. You will see that it will start unpacking its content creating at the same time a new folder called expandedSetup.
- Download Oscdimg CD/DVD Premastering Utility from this link oscdimg.exe
- Now, move Oscdimg.exe to the %SystemDrive%\Windows\System32 folder.
- Access the Command Prompt with administrator rights and run this command: oscdimg.exe –bC:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com –u2 –h -m -lWIN_EN_DVD C:\expandedSetup\ C:\Win7.iso
- Keep in mind that the above command assumes that the expandedSetup folder is located in C:\ if it not, so change the location or it won’t work!
- Keep also in mind that if the path contains any space, you will have to use quotation mark (“) to enclose the right path.
- At this point a bottable Windows 7 ISO file (Win7.iso) will be created in C:\ . Burn it and you are done!
Important Note: Stop worring how to make a bootable file out of Setup1.box and Setup2.box! Download the official Windows 7 ISO file now!
Tags: hack, Windows 7
- windows 7 iso file
- how to make windows 7 iso file
- how to open digital river box file
- i cant find oscdimg exe
- how to locate the windows 7 iso file
- convert box to iso
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
24 Comments to “How to make a bootable Windows 7 ISO file from Setup1.box and Setup2.box files”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.