As you know, In Windows 7 if you hover the mouse cursor over the Show Desktop button, you will be able to “peek” your Windows desktop. As a matter of fact, by performing such action, all the open windows will be temporarily hidden and only their outlines will be visible. Let’s see how to change and delay the time in your new Windows 7 Aero Peek to meet your needs.
- Click Start.
- In the Search Box, type regedit and press Enter.
- If the UAC prompt appears, simply click Yes.
- Navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer\Advanced
- Now, right click any blank space on the right pane.
- A menu should appear. Click New and select DWORD.
- Name this new DWORD DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime
- Now, double-click this new DWORD.
- Select Base as Decimal and enter the your favorite number. This number expresses the lapse of time in milliseconds, so if you want the Windows 7 Aero Peek to delay 3 seconds, you will have to input 3000.
- Exit regedit and restart your computer for the change to take effect!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
One Comment to “How to change Windows 7 Aero Peek delay time”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.