There are many ways to block the access of a certain website in your operating system. This is greatly helpful above all if you have children in your house or if you want to keep users working without a lot of distractions. Sadly, majority of these ways involve the use of an expensive, complex application. Let’s see how to prevent users from reading a website thanks to a little hack.
- Click Start.
- Locate and click Computer or My Computer.
- Go to the following location: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
- Locate a file called Host. Right-click it and open it by using the Notebook.
- Now type: 127.0.0.1 write_the_website_you_want_to_block.com and hit Enter
- Type as many websites as you want to block.
- When you have finished with the list, click Enter for the last time so to add an extra line.
- Save the file.
- Restart your computer for the change to take effect.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Save and Backup Your YouTube Videos in Google Drive Using Google Takeout
- How to Make Your Google Chrome Run Faster and More Efficently
- How to Turn On Windows 10 GodMode
- How to Fix Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop Issue after Upgrade or Installation
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.