Whenever you install a program or uninstall it, the Windows Registry gets clogged with useless (or useful) registry keys. These keys are links connecting the programs you installed with your operating system. The issue is that when you uninstall a program some of these keys won’t be uninstalled, causing in the long run, your system to be unstable. It is a good thing to save and backup the Windows registry as soon as you have installed your Windows 7. Here is the procedure.
- Click Start.
- in the Search Box, type regedit and press Enter.
- On the left pane, right-click Computer.
- Now, from the menu, click Export.
- The file saved will have .reg extension.
- To restore it, simple click it.
Tags: trick, Windows 7
- how to save registry changes windows 7
- saving registry changes windows 7
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
2 Comments to “How to Save Windows Registry in Windows 7”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.